The Official Community Plan Bylaw (OCP) is the main policy document for the City of Dawson (see below for bylaw). It outlines the goals and policies that are used to guide decision making on planning and land use management.
The OCP is intended to illustrate the overall vision of the municipality and provide general direction for future growth. In addition to guiding Council’s decisions, the OCP sets the stage for other municipal planning documents and development processes, such as bylaws relating to zoning, subdivision, or heritage management.
In compliance with section 279 of the Yukon Municipal Act, all future planning and land use decisions made by the City of Dawson Council are to be consistent with the goals and policies outlined in the OCP.
For more information, please contact
Community Development & Planning Officer
Planning and Development Assistant
Phone: 867-993-7400 Ext. 438
- CONSOLIDATED OFFICIAL COMMUNITY PLAN #2018-18 WITH AMENDMENTS
- Official Community Plan Amendment No. 2 Bylaw #2019-14
- Official Community Plan Amendment No. 3 Bylaw #2019-16
- Official Community Plan Amendment No. 5 Bylaw #2021-14
- Official Community Plan Amendment No. 6 Bylaw #2022-05
- Official Community Plan Amendment No. 7 Bylaw #2022-07
- Official Community Plan Bylaw #2018-18