Vendors include both commercial and food vendors. These uses are intended to be short term or seasonal in nature and may be dismantled and removed from the site from time to time.
- apply to the City for a temporary permit (permission to operate), and
- obtain a City of Dawson Business Licence
Vendor, Commercial means the carrying on of a business providing professional, personal, or other services not including the sale of food, beverages, and refreshments for immediate consumption. This definition includes the sale of arts and craft products by nonprofit organizations. Commercial vendors may be dismantled and removed from the site from time to time and must follow the regulations in the Zoning Bylaw. Vendor, Commercial is a permitted use in C1 (Core Commercial), P1 (Parks and Natural Space), P2 (Institutional) zones.
Vendor, Food means a booth, stand, or vehicle that sells food, beverages, and/or refreshments for immediate consumption. Food vendors must be temporary in nature and must be able to be dismantled and removed from the site from time to time and must follow the regulations of the Zoning Bylaw. Vendor, Food is a permitted use in C1 (Core Commercial), C2 (Commercial Mixed Use), M1 (Industrial), P1 (Parks and Natural Space), and P2 (Institutional) zones.
in person at 1336 Front Street
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
by mail to PO Box 308, Dawson City, YT Y0B 1G0
by fax to (867) 993-7434
Each application shall
- specify the type and nature of the proposed business
- include a sketch showing the desired location, dimensions and the proposed site in relation to existing developments in the area.
- include the signature of the land owner as an indication of permission to occupy the space allocated
- review each application
- request any additional information deemed necessary by the City
- approve, approve with conditions, or refuse the application
- Vendors shall be limited to
- a mobile refreshment stand completely contained within a trailer, a motorized vehicle, a bicycle, a push-cart, an approved container, or some other non-mechanized means
- a temporary commercial operation completely contained within a trailer, a motorized vehicle, a bicycle, a push-cart, an approved container, or some other non-mechanized means.
- Vendors shall not be permitted anywhere other than the site specified in the City's approval.
- The City may inspect any temporary vendor facility to ensure compliance with this policy. If non-compliance is found, the City has the right to revoke the approval for such use. Ongoing operation of a temporary vendor permit shall not be inferred as a right or entitlement.
- Vendors shall be responsible for
- complying with all statutes, regulations, and bylaws whether federal, territorial, or municipal
- obtaining all licenses and permits required at the vendor’s own expense
- the supply and maintenance of garbage receptacles and disposal of garbage to an approved disposal site
- maintaining the lands in the vicinity of their operation in a clean, litter-free, and tidy state
- not interfering with the quiet use and enjoyment of the surrounding areas by the public
- supplying proof of valid public liability insurance when located on lands owned and approved by the City
- limited to the period from 7 a.m. to 3 a.m., seven days per week