- have an animal on-leash (maximum length of one metre) at all times when not in a secured, fenced private yard or in a designated off-leash area;
- ensure their animal does not run at large and is under control at all times, including while in a designated off-leash area:
- pick up feces produced by their animal both on and off their property; and
- ensure their dog (from the time it is six months old) has and wears a valid City of Dawson licence at all times.
- does not bite, injure, chase, threaten, or attack a person or another animal;
- does not cause damage to property; and
- does not bark, howl, or cause noise in an excessive manner that interferes with the reasonable use and enjoyment of neighbouring properties.
- providing the animal with adequate food, water, exercise, and medical care; sanitary eating and drinking receptacles; and adequate and sanitary living conditions and shelter;
- not leaving animal unattended while tethered where a choke collar, choke chain, or pinch collar forms part of the securing apparatus or where a rope or cord is tied directly around the animal’s neck;
- not confining the animal to an enclosed space, including a motor vehicle, without adequate ventilation; and
- not transporting the animal outside the passenger compartment of any motor vehicle or trailer unless the animal is adequately secured to prevent the animal from falling off the vehicle or otherwise injuring itself.
Bylaw Services responds to concerns reported under the Animal Control Bylaw.
To report a concern, please submit a Bylaw Complaint or contact:
Bylaw Enforcement Officer
Phone: 867-993-7400 ext. 413