BUSKING IN DAWSON CITY
The City of Dawson recognizes the cultural contribution that street entertainment delivers to our community. The City encourages performers to showcase their craft, and values the diversity of entertainment and ambience that buskers provide.
The City is committed to providing a safe and accessible environment for performers, businesses and residents, and offers the following guidelines for buskers:
- Buskers and their audience must not block doorways, display windows, sidewalks, paths, bicycle routes, or City streets and roads and must not block pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
- Performances must not jeopardize the comfort and safety of others and Buskers must respect the wishes of nearby residents and visitors, particularly regarding the loudness of the performance.
- All performances must be suitable for a general family audience rating.
- Buskers shall not perform at sites that have been booked for events or festivals or where paid performers are working.
- Performances may take place between 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM, seven (7) days per week.
- Every Busker shall be responsible for maintaining the lands in the vicinity of their operation in a clean, litter free and tidy state.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a permit/business license to busk in the City?
No. The City does not require a permit or license for busking.
Do I need permission to busk on City property?
Yes. Should a Busker wish to locate on City of Dawson owned property, the Busker must request and receive permission from the Chief Administrative Officer.
Are there places I can’t busk?
No, however, it is up to the performer to determine whether certain areas are undesirable. Busking should contribute to the appeal of the surrounding environment. Please ensure sound levels are not disruptive to businesses in the area.
Can I sell my CD’s/Paintings/Artwork, etc?
The sale of materials is prohibited without a business license.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT THE CITY OFFICE AT 867-993-7400.